Who we are

Research Support Specialists help you manage research processes, activities and obligations. We work in accordance with relevant internal and external grant policies and guidelines, university policy, and standard operating procedures. 

If you have questions about the granting and research process, chances are, we have answers. 

We also provide liaison support between researchers and funding agencies.

Once research funding is secured, through either an awarded grant or formal research agreement, the assigned specialist will review the funder’s terms and conditions, ensure compliance with those conditions and with university policies and guidelines, and facilitate institutional approval/signature.

Each college or school has research support specialists assigned to work with you. Find them via the link below. 

If you're an active USask researcher, we're here to help.

What we do

Common reasons to contact a Research Support Specialist:

  • You are submitting a proposal to a research funding opportunity, have a form that requires institutional signatures, have eligibility questions, need assistance in navigating our internal funding management system UnivRS or any of the external online submission systems.
  • You were successful in receiving research funding and need a research financial fund.
  • You have questions surrounding university research policies/ procedures or compliance to regulations set by external agencies and stakeholders.
  • You have changes to your funded project such time extensions, additional funding, or early terminations.
  • You’re USask affiliation has changed which may affect your eligibility to continue to hold research funds as well as apply for new funding. For example, recently retired or you changed departments or positions.
  • You need to transfer a portion of your research funds to another researcher at another Institution.
  • You are new to the USask or are leaving and need to initiate a relocation of your funded research grants.