We are building on a dynamic research culture that enriches the academic experience for our students, creates new knowledge across a broad array of disciplines, and helps improve the economic, social, and cultural vitality of our region and beyond.
Home to renowned research centres such as the Canadian Light Source synchrotron, the Toxicology Centre, the Centre for the Study of Co-operatives, and the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, the University of Saskatchewan is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities.
Over the next decade, we will establish the U of S as one of the top 10 medical-doctoral universities in Canada and one of a select few internationally in key areas.
Key to this pursuit is the talent and imagination of our researchers. We are proud of the research, scholarly and artistic accomplishments of our faculty and students, as well as the impact that they have on health care, agriculture, technology, education, environmental challenges, economics, and policy development in communities around the globe.
Whether it is novel vaccines, new improved crop varieties, or innovative literacy education programs, U of S research touches the lives of people locally and throughout the world. We are collaborating with researchers across the country and partnering with our local community, industry, government, and Aboriginal communities to find solutions to pressing societal and scientific challenges.
New knowledge through research, scholarly and artistic work underlies all academic endeavors across our 13 colleges. In a climate of mutual reinforcement of teaching and research, our faculty and students – both undergraduate and graduate – are exploring an impressive range of important questions and issues that change our fundamental understanding of the world and our place in it.
We invite you to explore our Research site, meet some of our innovators, visit our research centres, learn about our R & D opportunities, and experience our sense of discovery.
Strategic Plans & Initiatives
- Research Integrity Policy - proposed revisions November 2012
- Science in Society - Connections and Intersections Award Call for Research Proposals (October 2010)
- Report of the Implementation Team for the Management of Centres (Feb 2010)
- Strategic Projects Team (March 2008) - PDF Document
- Research, Scholarly, and Artistic Work Landscape
- University Task Force on the Management of Centres - MS Word Document
- SSHRC Transformation at the U of S (2004)
- Undergraduate Student Research Experiences MS Word Document